martes, 2 de junio de 2009

A pet I loved!!!


Hi my dear classmates!!! Well, as you have seen I have already spoken about Koda, so I am not repeating the story. However, as I am an animals fan I feel glad to talk now about my pet I had like 9 years ago. Actually it was not a pet, it was a wild animal. It was an Opposum. Her name was "Rayita" because of her long black stripe in her head.

Rayita arrived to my house after my brother found her in a park. She was starving when I met her and she looked ill and horrified. We thought she was not going to survive.

We took her to the vet, who told us to start feeding her with milk and very little amounts of meat. And he also advised us that we shoul give "Rayita" to the "Zoo" because those wild animals were forbbiden to live as domestic pets.

Of course, we only followed the first instruction the vet gave us, because I was completly opposed to the idea of leavig "Rayita".

After some time, like 2 or 3 weeks Rayita got a perfect health and she bacame into a part of the family, together with Yuly, my 5 years small white dog.

It is supposed that Opposums do not go over 3 or 4 kilos and that they are prepared to climb trees, run so fast and being without eating for long periods of time. But Rayita lost her wild nature completly . She used to have two meals a day and to drink like a half liter of milk too.

If I put her on a tree she did not know what to do to descen from it. Her weight was like 6 kilos . The only aspect she keep from her wild nature was the bad and disgusting smell she expelled from her tail whe she got angry. Foxes normally do that to defend themselves from human attacks.

Rayita had a memorable life with my family and I. I still remember hoe fun I had playing with her and my dog and the giant quantity of bread and cheese we ate together.

She died in the year 2000, and in spite I still miss her I know that she had a remarkable time as a domestic pet.

Bye!!!!!!!!!


Note!!!: I did not have a digital camera 9 years ago so I can`t upload a real picture of her. But this is the most similar I could find.

1 comentario:

Talk, Talk

Interview